Thursday, September 1, 2011

Beat Down

Sometimes you're beat down so low only God is able to build you back up. He sure has quite the construction zone going on in this home.

Jesse found me a song last year where the singer plays a slow sad tune for "I've Got the Joy Down In My Heart". I never knew why they would sing such an uplifting song so melancholy. We used to tease and make fun of the song. It has recently become my song. Yes, I do have joy down in my heart for the Lord, but sometimes that joy is buried under a mountain of sorrow. I have hope that it will resurface someday. Joy doesn't mean walking around with a permanent smile all the time. Joy is more than an expression on the face. Sometimes my joy is seen out front and over the top and sometimes it's in the quiet of my room as I CRY out to the Lord for Him to draw near.

Pain and sorrow are real emotions that really do matter, but the Lord is with us through it all tearing down old habits and rebuilding new dependencies on Him. May He give us new mercies for the new day.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your heart and your transparency...the laughter and the tears. You challenge me in your trust of our Lord. Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete