Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Perfect Formula

I've finally figured out the perfect formula for the perfect day! First, snow on the ground so that everyone is excited when they wake up. Second, light school schedule so that kids are excited to go play in the snow. Third, make lots of yummy food throughout the day for frozen kids to eat happily. Now if only God would grant us with this fresh snow every morning we may have something good going on here.

If only life was that simple. A formula or check list to follow to ensure a delighted heart and peaceful home. I just witnessed three days in a row where the floor didn't fall out from under me and nobody cried. Wow, what a wonderful respite God has granted me. No one broke the camel's back or pushed anyone over the edge. Either we are bonding better or they're all wearing me down so that I just don't notice anymore.

The plain truth is there is no perfect check list, just God's grace. Grace sufficient for all my needs. I had to go through last week to get to this week. I had to remember that Christ is all I need and that He loves me. Now, the real test is next week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment