Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Perfect Formula Tested

My theory for peacefulness in the house is snow. I asked God for that blessing again and we haven't seen much around here. We had a great run of 4 days where everyone was having fun and for the most part getting along. The temper tantrums were minimal and joy abounded. Well, that's over now and it's back to reality.

Like I've said before, with 8 people in the house and only 7 days a week my odds for peaceful days are not so good. It usually helps my odds if a couple of kids have off or difficult days together, except when those off days are at school and end you in the principal's office. Technically only one went to the principal's office, but the other one was on his way when I showed up to his class to leave early. Now really, how do you get sent to the principal in pre-school? I knew my little man would find a way if it was possible and telling your teacher no repeatedly should do the trick.

So, I'm going to ask for snow again and see if that brings back any harmony to the house this week-end. In truth, God is teaching me that regardless of circumstances or behaviors my hope and joy is found in Him. I just need to keep telling myself that and again clinging to the Cross of Christ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment