Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Home-schooling

While the word may strike fear into some, others are filled with a joy and hope for their children's future. I'm not quite sure where I'm at yet.
Truth #1: I know God placed this adventure on our hearts and my husband and I totally agree about it.
Truth #2: God does not make mistakes.
Truth #3: My children are learning despite my fears and inadequacy.
Truth #4: God does not make mistakes.
Truth #5: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Truth #6: God does not make mistakes.
Truth #7: Through this process God is molding everyone in this house, you don't get to be selfish when surrounded by the same people all day long.
Truth #8: I make lots of mistakes, but God doesn't.
Truth #9: We are learning to rely on God's grace more and more and ourselves less and less.
TRUTH #10: Our children are little mirrors of the areas in our own life that need to be refined by God and they show us the sin of selfishness in our own hearts.

All this to say that I love home-schooling, but there are days I can actually feel my hair graying on the spot. Before I home-schooled I had a lot of time to think about myself and what I wanted and now God is teaching me to think of others and breaking my stubborn, strong-willed spirit.

May God be glorified in all things, even in my lame ramblings.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog and post today Jessica! I had a very "enlightening" day regarding Jesus showing me why I am doing what I am doing with HS. Such a blessing to read your honest thoughts. It's good to know I am "normal" for having some days that don't go smoothly. I might be gray soon. Love you and your family! Can't wait to go camping again together this summer. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete