Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Joy over paper

It amazes me how I can be so joyful over a piece of paper. Today we received our USCIS (homeland security office) approval to bring two children into this country. They have reviewed our home study and application and have deemed us worthy of taking care of 2 orphans. That plain dull piece of paper has been the reason I have stalked the mailbox everyday for weeks.

I'm so excited my fingers are shaking as I type. Now we need to go to Carson City to have it notarized and certified before I can send it off to our adoption agency, America World. Once they receive and review all our paperwork they send it to the Rwandan Embassy in Washington D.C. for them to review it.

This is a big step and the signal that our end of the deal with compiling all the appropriate paper work is over. I could sing right now, but my kids think I'm crazy when I sing throughout the house, except for Isabelle she loves to sing off key also.

Praise God, this is the best birthday present.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Elizabeth Rutledge. I found your blog through another Rwandan adoption blog. We are getting fingerprinted tomorrow and then we will be waiting for that special piece of paper! We have 3 bio kids, adopting 2 from Rwanda and we homeschool! I look forward to following your story.
    Blessings,
    Elizabeth
    www.rutledges-rutledgereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I would love to talk with you more about your decision to adopt 2 children. We are in the process of doing our homestudy for 2 children and people have been discouraging us from adopting 2 at the same time. I would LOVE to talk to you since you are doing it... and to know what ages you requested. My email is tristen@cox.net.
    http://specialdeliveryfromrwanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete